BS in Integrative Professional Studies
The Integrative Professional Studies major is intended to meet the needs of transfer students who have a variety of academic backgrounds, employment experience, and career aspirations. Students in the program complete their degrees through a combination of LOS courses, transfer credits, and prior learning assessment.
This program may be completed face-to-face, fully online, or in a combinaton of the two. For more information about the fully online option, contact Ashley Collins at email@example.com. For more information about our other options, contact Janet Etzel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of all undergraduate LOS courses and a rotation schedule, please click here.
Requirements for students pursuing this major are:
- At least 75 credits being transferred into the program
- The completion of at least 120 credits.
- Satisfaction of the 30 credit hours residency requirement for USM.
- Satisfaction of the general education requirements of USM.
- Completion of at least 18 credits in the LOS curriculum while matriculated at USM-LAC,with the equivalent of a B- or better earned in both LOS 300 and 350.
- Completion of at least 36 credit hours that satisfy the LOS curriculum requirements (can include prior learning assessment credits and credits transferred into the LOS curriculum which meet professional studies criteria).
Students selecting this major work closely with advisors to facilitate transfer credit, prior learning assessment, and course selection.