The mission of the Office of Research Administration and Development is to promote and support research, scholarship and creative activity; to assist faculty, staff and students in obtaining intramural and extramural support; to serve as an advocate for the value of research at USM; and to encourage the use of research, scholarship and creative activity to enrich education, enhance commercialization and development, and to serve the community.
Research Administration and Development
News & Events
USM Research Mission
To support research, scholarship and creative activity to: promote knowledge, discovery and practical application to advance Maine's economy, communities and the quality of life for Maine citizens; to strengthen classroom education and transform the lives of students through real world learning opportunities; and to support faculty and staff commitment to excellence in scholarly accomplishments regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Confidentiality/Nondisclosure Form
- Fee for Service vs. Research
- Human Subjects Research (IRB)
- Internal Competitive Grant Deadlines
- Inventions, Patents, & Intellectual Property
- Maine Economic Improvement Fund (MEIF)
- Undergrad Research Computer Lab Access Form
- USM Standard Research Contract
- USM Statement on Animal Use