Early Study Aspirations Program
USM’s Early Study-Aspirations Program is a fall and spring semester academic program for qualified high school juniors and seniors to enroll in college courses at the university. The program is intended to provide students with the opportunity to enrich their high school experience and help supplement their academic endeavors.
To qualify for the participation in the Early Study-Aspirations program students must meet the following conditions:
- The recommendation of their school counselor
- Be a junior or senior enrolled in a Maine public high school/homeschooled/approved secondary private school
- Have an overall B average at the start of the requested semester
- Exceptions may be made for a student with below a B average or for a freshman/sophomore student
Some advantages to participating in the Early Study-Aspirations Program are:
- Earn college credit
- Qualify for reduced tuition
- Enhance your learning experience
- Become familiar with the college setting
To get started, download the Early Study Aspirations application. There are some private schools and academies that are approved for funding through the Early Study program. Students attending any of these schools MUST fill out a Verification of Public Funding Form to hand in with their application materials. Please include a Transcript Request Form with the application materials, as we do not send out grades in any other way.
Course Search and Registration
To help you search for classes and fill out the course information on the application here are two PDF’s.
- How to Use MaineStreet's Class Search (PDF - 116KB)
- Class Search on MaineStreet
Please Note: Students cannot register themselves for class. USM staff will register students. Fall semester registration begins May 1st. Spring semester registration begins December 1st.
If you have any questions about the Early Study-Aspirations Program please email email@example.com or call the Office of Admissions at (207) 780-5670.