We welcome and encourage submissions from community partners, student groups, and campus departments for posting on our website. We feature the following types of requests on our page:
- Calls for Volunteers to help with one-time events or short-term projects
- News items and events pertaining to Community Engagement
- Community Partner spotlights
- Students involved in engaged learning activities
Two different features are used to communicate these requests:
- Service Opportunities Page: This page links directly from our home page and features one-time events or short-term projects in need of volunteers. The listing remains active until the opportunity has passed. Listing your volunteer request on this page also means one-time inclusion in a weekly volunteer opportunities email to those in the campus community who are subscribed to the community listserv.
- Wild Card Promo Spaces: The Community Engagement and Career Development home page features two “wild card” promo spaces, which rotate events, news, accomplishments, and stories or spotlights relevant to community engagement and career development. Each wild card promo is live on the home page for about two or more weeks, depending on volume of requests. Promo space cannot be guaranteed, but we will always do our best to feature relevant requests.
Items are typically posted to the website on Thursdays at 2:00 pm. To submit a request:
If you have a job or internship you would like to see posted, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be posted to our E-recruiting jobs board at https://usm.experience.com/experience/login