How to Submit Your Deposit
We are so glad you have decided to attend USM!
If you are an admitted student, you can reserve your spot for the fall semester by submitting your $100 deposit online, by mail, in person, or over the phone. Please see the instructions below.
Paying Your Deposit Online
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
- Log in to your MaineStreet account > select Student Self-Service > select Student Center.
- In the Finances section, click the Pay My Bill link.
- Click the View Bill/Payment Options button.
- Click the Access TouchNet Bill+Payment button.
- Select eDeposits in the navigation bar at the top of your screen. (Your bill might show $0.00. This is normal as you are making a deposit toward your admissions.)
- Select Term (the semester that you plan to start — Fall 2016).
- Select Deposit Payment — either USM Fall Adm Deposit eCheck or USM Fall Admission Dep CC (credit cards). Click Select.
- Verify your payment method and continue until you are able to enter your payment information (credit card users will be taken to Paypath Payment Service). Provide your payment information and follow the prompts until you receive confirmation and your payment receipt.
Paying Your Deposit by Check or Money Order
Checks or money orders should be made payable to USM. Mail your check or money order along with the student name, address, and date of birth (or your Accepted Student Confirmation Card) to USM Admissions at the following address:
Office of Admissions
University of Southern Maine
PO Box 9300
Portland, ME 04104
Paying Your Deposit by Credit Card
Call us at 207-780-5670 to make a payment over the phone, or visit us at one of our Admissions offices to pay in-person (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM):
USM Admissions Gorham Office
149 State Street
Gorham, ME 04038
USM Admissions Portland Office
Abromson Community Education Center, Room 111
88 Bedford Street
Portland, ME 04101
International Payment Option
The University of Maine System has partnered with peerTransfer to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency. To make a payment go to: peertransfer.com/umaine.
Problems Paying Your Deposit Online?
We are currently experiencing a high volume of online deposit payment submissions. If you have problems paying your deposit online as a result of this increased activity, please contact USM Admissions at 207-780-5670.
If you have questions about the status of your admission application, you can call 207-780-5670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about paying your deposit, contact Student Financial Services at 207-780-5200 or email email@example.com.
Take The Next Steps
Complete your housing application to live on campus, get details about orientation, submit your final transcript, and more. Learn more.