Michael D. Smith, OLLI at the University of Kentucky, Asks OLLI:
Does you OLLI have special interest groups?
The OLLI at the University of Kentucky has begun to develop special interest groups (SIGS), an area in which we expect significant growth. Our Curriculum Committee would like to hear from other OLLIs with experience in this area. Here are the questions they would like information on:
1. What are your basic requirements to establish a SIG?
2. Do you have a minimum and maximum number for a SIG?
3. How many SIGs do you have?
4. Where do your SIGs meet? Does the OLLI staff reserve the space?
5. What is the formal relationship between the OLLI office and your SIGs? In other words what support does the OLLI staff provide to the SIG?
6. Do you ask your SIGs to report on their activities?
7. Do you require release forms for trips?
8. Any lessons learned or best practices you can share with us?
Thank you for any information you can provide.