The Ask OLLI blog is a resource for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
administrators to facilitate discussion on a variety of topics related to the creation and management of OLLI institutes nationwide.
Entries to the blog are called "posts" and can only be submitted by blog editors. Please contact Anne Cardale at the OLLI National Resource Center if you have an article suggestion for the AskOLLI editors.
Each post has a "comment" section where blog subscribers can submit their own remarks and
responses to the post. A subscriber must be logged in to comment on a post. A login link is available at the bottom of the right-hand
column, as well as at the end of each posting page.
Although the Ask OLLI blog is publicly viewable, commenting is closed to non-subscribers. For more information on Ask OLLI, or if you wish to create a subscriber account please contact Anne Cardale.
Posted on March 4th, 2011 by Anne Cardale, OLLI National Resource Center
Dee Aguilar, OLLI at University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Asks OLLI:
Does your OLLI publish a newsletter? The OLLI at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, has an eight-page tabloid newsletter produced by members volunteering as editor and writers. This is a stellar publication, and members enjoy receiving it. You can see the last edition at http://cehs15.unl.edu/cms/uploads/1-327-Winter2010Insider.pdf. We would like to hear from other OLLIs about their newsletters:
1. What is the purpose of your newsletter?
2. How often is your newsletter published?
3. Who has the responsibility for the production of the newsletter (i.e. staff and/or members)?
4. What is the focus of the newsletter?
5. Is your newsletter and schedule a combined publication?
6. Who compromises the staff of the newsletter?
7. What are the steps to producing your newsletter?