Searching for Classes
For your convenience, we’ve provided a couple tools for you on how to search for Online courses using our MaineStreet Class Search system.
1. View our YouTube video tutorial (below).
2. Use our instructional step by step directions.
1. Access the Class Search.
2. Choose University of Southern Maine in the Institution menu.
3. Choose the proper term for which you would like to search (ie. Spring 2012).
*Note: Winter session is considered part of the Fall term. To see a full listing of Winter courses click on Session Code, "Winter Session".
4. Click the Go button.
5. To see a full listing of available undergraduate and graduate online courses, select Course Career (either graduate or undergraduate), and Mode of Instruction near the bottom of the page (select online as mode of instruction).
6. To search by a particular subject, click the Select Subject button, then click the Select button next to the subject of interest.
*Note: You must always have at least TWO search criteria to perform a class search.
7. Click the light green Search button at the bottom right.
8. If you get a message saying that "Your search will return over 50 classes, would you like to continue?", select OK.
9. For more detail about a course (including number of seats available and course description), click the link after "section" (ex: 0001-LEC ).