Online B.S. in Applied Technical Leadership
Advance your career with the professional skills in management and leadership that are relevant to your field and important to your employer. Bring your specialized skills and competencies from the military, credits from another college or associates degree, or your on-the-job learning. Applied Technical Leadership gives you credit for your experience and prepares you for your future.
If you are interested in completing your bachelor’s degree through one of our online programs, simply complete the Pre-Admission Form or call us at 780-5900, and we will assist you through the application process.
A transfer student is an applicant who has attempted twelve semester hours of credit or more since graduating form high school or earning a GED. Students should have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 unless otherwise indicated by the desired program. For more information about how your courses might transfer to USM, contact Enrollment Advisor, Ashley Collins for an unofficial transfer credit evaluation.
Students seeking admission to the Applied Technical Leadership degree program will be screened for either an associate degree or a combination of non-credit training and experience equivalent to an associate degree. Students without an associate degree are required to prepare a portfolio documenting their competence.
Students must have a minimum of 120 credits to earn a bachelor’s degree.
USM Core Curriculum Requirements
- Entry Year Experience (waived for students who transfer in 24 or more credits)
- College Writing
- Quantitative Reasoning (MAT 140 or above)
- Creative Expression
- Socio-Cultural Analysis (ECO 101 or 102)
- Science Exploration - with Lab
- Cultural Interpretation
- Ethical Inquiry, Social Responsibility, and Citizenship
- Cluster course 1 (See Note)
- Cluster course 2 (See Note)
- Cluster course 3 (See Note)
- Capstone (taken as part of the major - ITT 460)
1. Courses taken to fulfill the diversity and international requirements may overlap with other courses.
2. USM students must complete either a Thematic Cluster OR a minor/double major. One cluster course can overlap with the major.
Applied Technical Leadership Major Requirements
Departmental Requirements (15 Credits)
- ITP 210 Technical Writing
- MAT 148 Applied Calculus or ABU 190 Spreadsheets and Problem Solving
Major requirements (27 Credits)
- ITP 230 Project Management
- ITP 280 Industrial Organization, Management, & Supervision
- ITP 340 Fundamentals of Quality
- ITP 350 Teambuilding and Facilitation
- ITP 381 Human Resource Development
- ITP 310 Facilities Planning
- ITP 410 Technical Operations and Strategies
- ITS 320 Occupational Safety and Health
- ACC 110 Financial Accounting Information for Decision Making
Tech./Occupational Specialization (39 Credits)
- These 39 credits are met either through the transfer of credits from an associate degree in an occupational area, or through an Occupational Portfolio Assessment (ITT 400/ITT 440)
- Fall 2013
- 15-Week Online (September 3-December 23)
- Summer 2013
- 7-Week Online, Session1 (May 13- June 28)
- 7-Week Online, Session 2 (July 1- August 16)
- Spring 2013 (January 14 - May 10)
- Winter 2012-2013 (December 17-January 11)
Need to take a Core requirement Online? View our online course PDF's by term for Core requirement offerings. For course descriptions and up-to date details, please visit the USM MaineStreet Class Search.
Need help? Have Questions? We understand the challenges of finishing your degree and we’re here to help you every step of the way.
Contact PCE (Professional and Continuing Education) Student Services at 207-780-5900, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us in person.