- General Overview
- Career Options
- Admission & Transfer Information
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Degree Requirements
- Scheduled Courses
- Program Faculty
Advance your career with the professional skills in management and leadership that are relevant to your field and important to your employer. Bring your specialized skills and competencies from the military, credits from another college or associates degree, or your on-the-job learning. Applied Technical Leadership gives you credit for your experience and prepares you for your future.
We understand that it is important for you to know what possible career opportunities and acquired skills are attained as a result of completing a degree in a particular program. The Major2Career worksheet for Applied Technical Leadership provides information to consider as you choose the degree path that makes the most sense for you, your career, and your educational goals.
If you are interested in completing your bachelor’s degree through one of our online programs, simply complete the Pre-Enrollment Form or call us at 207-780-5670, and we will assist you through the application process.
A transfer student is an applicant who has attempted twelve semester hours of credit or more since graduating from high school or earning a GED. Students should have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 unless otherwise indicated by the desired program. For more information about how your courses might transfer to USM, contact Enrollment Counselor Joe Pagano for an unofficial transfer credit evaluation.
Ready to apply? Review the Transfer Student Checklist and submit your online application today!
Students seeking admission to the Applied Technical Leadership degree program must have either an associate degree in a technical field or a combination of non-credit training and experience equivalent to an associate degree. Students without an associate degree are required to prepare a portfolio documenting their competence.
Students must have a minimum of 120 credits to earn a bachelor’s degree.
USM Core Curriculum Requirements
- Entry Year Experience (waived for students who transfer in 24 or more credits)
- College Writing
- Quantitative Reasoning (MAT 140 or above)
- Creative Expression
- Socio-Cultural Analysis (ECO 101 or 102)
- Science Exploration - with Lab
- Cultural Interpretation
- Ethical Inquiry, Social Responsibility, and Citizenship
- Cluster course 1 (See Note) - Professional Practices Cluster Recommended
- Cluster course 2 (See Note)
- Cluster course 3 (See Note)
- Capstone (taken as part of the major - ITT 460)
Note: USM students must complete either a Thematic Cluster OR a minor/double major. One cluster course can overlap with the major
Applied Technical Leadership Major Requirements
Departmental Requirements (15 Credits)
- ITP 210 Technical Writing
- ABU 190 Spreadsheets and Problem Solving
- Natural Science
Major requirements (33 Credits)
- ITP 230 Project Management
- ITP 250 Management Information Systems
- ITP 280 Industrial Organization, Management, & Supervision
- ITP 310 Facility Planning
- ITP 340 Fundamentals of Quality
- ITP 350 Teambuilding and Facilitation
- ITP 381 Human Resource Development
- ITP 410 Technical Operations and Strategies
- ITP 490 Cost Analysis and Control
- ITS 320 Occupational Safety and Health
- ACC 110 Financial Accounting Information for Decision Making
Technical/Occupational Specialization (36 Credits)
- These 36 credits are met either through the transfer of credits from an associate degree in an occupational area, or through an Occupational Portfolio Assessment (ITT 400/ITT 440)
For course descriptions and up-to date details, please visit the USM MaineStreet Class Search.