USM has a number of scholarships available for adults returning to school as well as for students in several of our online programs. Please follow the links for specific guidelines and application details.
- Osher Re-entry Scholars Fund for USM students who are returning to college after at least a five-year gap in their education
- University of Maine System Adult Degree Completion Scholarship Fund for students throughout the University of Maine system who are returning to school after a 3-year gap in their education
- Lewiston –Auburn College (LAC) Scholarships for students enrolled in majors at LAC including the online Leadership and Organizational Studies program.
- OLLI Gerontology Certificate Scholarship for in-state, non-degree students enrolled in the online USM Certificate Program in Gerontology. (Non-degree students are those who take classes and complete the Certificate Program but are not enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program.)
- Maine Development Foundation Next Step Maine Scholarship for employees of organizations who are members of the Maine Employers’ Initiative.
In addition, USM has many scholarship opportunities for all new and continuing USM students:
- The Office of Undergraduate Admission Scholarship page has additional opportunities for first year and transfer students.
- The Student Success Center’s Scholarship page lists additional scholarships for current USM students.