Online Preparation for Careers in Aging
- 100% Online
- Interdisciplinary program
- 15 credit hours
- 7-week sessions
- Connect me with an Admissions Counselor
America’s aging demographics are increasing the demand for professionals with the knowledge and skills to meet the health, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of older adults.
Whether you are currently working with older adults or interested in the health and human services profession, the Online Certificate Program in Gerontology will develop your capacity to serve this clinically complex population. Apply today.
- The program is based on the multidisciplinary competencies recommended by the Partnership for Health in Aging
- Five courses are offered in 7-week sessions
- You may complete the program in one year by taking one course each session, or proceed at your own pace
Flexible, online certificate program
Our online format enables you to continue working as you complete your certificate requirements. Take classes any time, from anywhere, at your own pace. You can even combine your online learning with classes on campus. Apply today.
The Online Certificate in Gerontology develops multidisciplinary competencies in the areas of health promotion and safety, evaluation and assessment, care planning and coordination across the care spectrum, interdisciplinary and team care, caregiver support, and healthcare systems and benefits. Our graduates work in a range of health and human services areas, including:
- Advocacy and policy development
- Health education and training
- Hospice care
- Nursing and healthcare administration
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Residential senior care
- Social work and case management