Prepare for Orientation
If you have paid your Enrollment Deposit, you will be able to access the Wish List feature in MaineStreet. Creating a Wish List will assist you and your advisor in the enrollment process. Together you can view potential course and easily register for classes.
Understand the Core - Visit www.usm.maine.edu/core
- First Year Students can review http://usm.maine.edu/core/overview-requirements and develop a list of potential courses for your first semester.
- Transfer Students can review your Transfer Credit Report to see how your transfer credits fulfill core and major requirements.
- Review Requirements: Understand the Core Requirements
Know major requirements
Planning your first courses will go more smoothly if you begin by learning about majors of interest and then selecting classes that help you explore.
- Undeclared: Reviewing the USM Academic Major Requirements is a good way to explore course options you might be interested in taking.
- Declared: Review Graduation Planners for all USM majors and see potential schedule option.
- Create a List of Classes: Based on your review of the Graduation Planners, and if you have any prior learning courses and/or transfer credits, create a list of classes for the upcoming semester.
Search for Classes on MaineStreet
- Review the Class Search Feature in MaineStreet.
- You can pick courses options that fit your schedule.
- Select a first and second choice for each class if available.
Make a Wish List
- Learn how to create a Wish List on MaineStreet.
- A Wish List will assist you in the enrollment process prior to your Orientation
- Complete this prior to your Orientation Session to ensure registration in a timely manner.