President's Council on Diversity
PCD Values Statement
The University of Southern Maine recognizes the complexity of our identities and adopts the ideology that we embrace, include and accord all groups equitable political and social status. Therefore the University of Southern Maine is committed to:
- Providing equal access to education for all students.
- The active examination and exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives.
- Respecting, encouraging and fostering cultural and ethnic differences that lead to a dynamic sustainable academic society.
- Investigating and implementing strategies that create and sustain innovative and intercultural structures, policies and practices.
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Office of the President
- Multi Cultural Student Affairs
- Women and Gender Studies
- Support for Students with Disabilities
- Student Life
- Interfaith Chaplaincy
- Student Success
- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Jean Byers Sampson Center for Diversity
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- Special Collections
- Veterans Resource Center
- Center for Sexualities and Gender Diversity