EDIS 1828 Mentors Training Mentors Workshop
Course Number: EDIS 1828
Course Title: Mentors Training Mentors Workshop
Dates: August 12-14, 2013
Times: 8:30am - 1:30pm
Location: University of Southern Maine, Gorham Campus, 301 Bailey Hall
Faculty: Shirley and Doug Spaulding, Certified MDOE Mentor Trainers
Credit: 1.5 CEUs
Registration Form: Click here or call 780-5054 (Registration begins March 5)
The purposes of this training are to:
- Build and/or deepen the ability to prepare teacher mentors
- Enhance the ability to teach the content of the three days of Maine’s Mentor Training and the processes that support that learning
- Enrich presentation and facilitation skills
- Qualify individuals to co-facilitate Maine’s Mentor Training in the local SAU and region
- Build a common vision and sense of community among Maine’s teacher mentors.
The applicant must have:
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching
- A willingness to conduct Mentor Trainings
- Successfully mentored another teacher
- Supervisor's approval to attend, and train in SAU and region.
Recommended: Completion of mentor training (Maine’s AARBEC model or comparable training)
Benefits of becoming a mentor trainer:
- Professional development contact hours will be awarded from the Maine Department of Education
- Professional growth opportunities in facilitation/presentation skills
- Builds leadership capacity for the individual and his/her SAU
- Qualifies participants to co-facilitate Maine’s Mentor Training Workshop in SAU/region
- A full set of approved training materials, and annotated training agenda
We strongly recommend that participating School Administrative Units send two to five mentors to be co-trainers.
Chinese Teacher Education Program
The Chinese Teacher Education Program for K-12 educators will provide an opportunity for K-12 educators to become proficient in Mandarin Chinese, earn K-12 World Language Teacher Certification, and to use that coursework as a concentration in a 33 credit master’s degree program for teachers or a 30 credit post-masters Certificate of Advanced Study.
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSION:
For more information about the program please click here.
For information about the upcoming fall 2013 course please click here.