Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training focuses on developing expert-level problem solving skills, giving participants the tools they need to lead successful improvement teams. Each participant will work on a project that provides practice and consultation on key Lean Six Sigma concepts and methodology.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Support Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Deployment in an Organization - Use methods for aligning Lean Six Sigma initiative to business strategy, draft LSS project charters and apply the LSS project selection & prioritization process
- Plan and execute DMAIC projects and Kaizen events - Project management, team member selection, kick off preparation & launch of a successful project
- Effectively manage team dynamics and understand how to work with multiple levels of leadership to remove barriers and achieve project success
- Provide leadership for complex, high-visibility projects across multiple organizational functions and departments
- Apply Six Sigma methodology and tools, such as data collection strategies (sample sizes), graphical analysis, Voice of the Customer (VOC), process mapping, measurement system analysis (MSA), process capability analysis, sources of variation, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), solution creation and selection, and statistical process control (SPC)
- Apply Lean thinking and tools including, process and value stream mapping, NVA Elimination and simplification, ABC Part stratification, 4-step setup reduction, replenishment pull systems, process balancing and mistake proofing
- Apply statistical analyses to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs and compare data sets (Hypothesis testing, t-test, Simple Regression, Multiple Regression, ANOVA)
- Use state of the art statistical software (Minitab 16) to manage and analyze data and present it in a form that supports driving decisions and actions for improvement
- Develop Control Plans and SOPs that support sustainable continuous improvement
The pre-requisite for this course is Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
This certificate program is offered during the spring semester only.
- Spring 2015 (Registration begins in November)
- Certificate Program in Lean Six Sigma Black Belt- 3/31-6/16
To stay up-to-date on course offerings, sign up for our Professional & Continuing Education Newsletter.
$1,900 (Includes all course materials and light dinner)
- Refund policy:
- 100% refund if you withdraw from a class five or more business days before the class starts.
- A course voucher for 50% of the course fee if you withdraw four or fewer business days from the start date.
- There are no refunds once a class begins.
46 contact hours / 4.6 CEUs
- Wolfgang Bauchinger, Wolfgang Bauchinger, CPIM, is a Lean Six Sigma certified Black Belt. He received his Six Sigma training through the George Group (a division of Accenture). He holds a Magister (masters) degree in Business and Computing from the University of Linz/Austria. Wolfgang’s major focus is Supply Chain Management and process improvement using Lean Six Sigma tools and the DMAIC process. Wolfgang has led Lean Six Sigma projects at multiple locations throughout the United States for a global manufacturing company. Before relocating to the USA in 2006 Wolfgang worked in IT consulting with clients in Europe and North America.
Susan Knapp, Ph. D., has over 25 years of experience as a manager and trainer and has been a consultant to Fortune 500 companies, universities, government agencies, hospitals and the United States Air Force. She has SPHR certification and received her Six Sigma Black Belt training through Acuity and the Ohio State University.