Certificate Program in Meeting Facilitation
Bring advanced meeting facilitation skills to your organization, your consulting practice, or your volunteer work. Whether you are a board member or staff member of a small nonprofit, a team leader in a large corporation, a public official, an HR professional, or an independent consultant, you will benefit from the concepts, skills, and hands-on practice that this highly interactive program offers. Both new and experienced facilitators will take their skills to a new level.
Learn from the experts: Pam Plumb and Dee Kelsey, authors of Great Meetings! Great Results.
Great Meetings! Facilitation training will help you:
- Save time and money by eliminating unnecessary meetings and sharpening the focus of each meeting you do have
- Use three key planning tools to get results from every meeting - whether it's a one-on-one with a client or a planning session for 100
- Understand when and how to keep your meetings on track
- Skillfully manage difficult moments in meetings: polarized conversations, low energy, and challenging behaviors
- Use a range of appropriate process and problem-solving tools
- Learn how to influence the quality of the meeting as a participant
Authors Dee Kelsey and Pam Plumb, www.greatmeetingsinc.com, will co-instruct this course.
Pam is former mayor of Portland and president of the National League of Cities. Dee has worked in corporations, higher education, and state government. Both have decades of experience in facilitation and the training of facilitators in business, nonprofits, and government. They founded Great Meetings! Inc. to help pass along what they have learned about making every meeting a great meeting.
This certificate program is offered during the fall semester only. The fall semester begins in September and runs through December. All fall courses post to our website in June.
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM all three days.
21 contact hours/2.1 CEUs
$535 (includes materials)
- Pamela Plumb discovered during her years as a City Councilor and Mayor of Portland that effective meeting planning and facilitation made a big difference in meeting outcomes In 1991, she created Pamela Plumb & Associates which serves a wide range of non-profit organizations, businesses and government organizations with process design, facilitation, training and organizational development. She is known internationally for her process work and training in municipal governance.
- Dee Kelsey has been facilitating groups since her teenage years. She turned her early interests into more formal work both as a trainer and personnel representative at Hewlett Packard and as a mediator and trainer of mediators for the city of Palo Alto, California. In addition to her work with Great Meetings! Inc, she has been principal of Dee Kelsey and Associates since 1985. She has worked nationally to provide organizational development, facilitation, process consultation, mediation, and training services to hundreds of clients ranging from small work groups to large corporations.