The PHR or SPHR certification is more than a credential, it will help you:
- Distinguish yourself among your peers.
- Demonstrate your long-term commitment to the HR profession.
- Master the new 2014 HR Certification Institute's body of knowledge.
- Keep current with HR topics, legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Protect your organization from risk and ensure its compliance.
- Become eligible for additional career opportunities and attain professional advancement.
- Open doors to companies that require their employees to be certified.
Join the more than 100,000 HR professionals worldwide have received and maintained their HR credentials from the HR Certification Institute.
The College/University option is ideal for those who prefer a structured learning environment. You will interact with other HR professionals preparing for PHR/SPHR certification. Your instructor, an expert in the field of HR can be an invaluable resource as you prepare for the HR Certification Institute certification exam.
The new 2014 SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR, the #1
PHR/SPHR Cert Prep Tool, features an enhanced user experience complete with updated content that reflects the HR Certification Institute body of knowledge tested on the PHR and SPHR exams. It includes application exercises and module exams to develop specific HR competencies. Professionals who use the Learning System to prepare for the PHR and SPHR exams consistently beat the national pass rate!
Why Choose the SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR Certification?
- Complete Training: The user-friendly content focuses on the HR Certification Institute body of knowledge and includes access to the Online Resource Center, more than 1,500 practice questions, flashcards, an interactive case study, and two post-tests.
- Portable Content: You can access the SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR Certification via PC, laptop, mobile or e-reader devices.
- Customized learning: Choose the learning option that best matches your schedule and learning style, and use assessment test results to create a personalized study plan based on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Ongoing Reference: This PHR/SPHR prep tool can be used as a desktop reference manual, with answers to HR challenges right at your fingertips.
- Current: The Online Resource Center provides timely legislative changes and HR developments, so you can protect your organization from legal risk.
- Affordability: This PHR/SPHR certification prep tool provides more content, tests, learning tools and access to expert advice than any other program.
Who should take this course?
As an added advantage, we use the newly updated 2014 SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation. It features up-to-date content and advanced tools that streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the PHR or SPHR exam.
By attending this instructor-led course, you’ll benefit from:
- An experienced, certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR, ranked the #1 certification prep tool
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
This course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
PHR/SPHR Certification Prep courses are offered twice every year, in September & February. An online Section with Jessica Paladino, SPHR will be offered during the Fall 2014 semester. Dates will be available in June.
Spring 2014 PHR/SPHR prep courses:
- Kristine Avery, SPHR, has extensive experience in human resource management and is the Director of Human Resources for Saint Joseph’s College. For the past 12 years, she served as the Senior Vice President of Human Resources at FISC Solutions (Financial Institutions Service Corporation) in Lewiston, a Best Places to Work in Maine company. Kris is the 2013 SHRM MAC (Membership Advisory Council) Representative for the US Northeast Region, and the Immediate Past State Director of the SHRM Maine State Council having served as State Director in 2011/2012, and she is the Immediate Past-President of Human Resources Association of Southern Maine. www.hrasm.shrm.org. Kris has been instructing the SPHR/PHR course since 2007. She was also named the HR Leader of the Year for 2010, and inducted into the Maine HR Hall of Fame in 2011.
Jessica Palladino, SPHR, has over 10 years of HR experience. Jessica has lead numerous study groups for HR Professionals who are interested in obtaining PHR/SPHR certification. Jessica is currently the HR Manager for Formed Fiber Technologies. She has also held HR roles in the finance and healthcare industry. Jessica is the past President of the Central Maine Human Resource Association and Co-Chair for the Best Places in Maine campaign. She is a member of Human Resource Association of Southern Maine. Jessica has successfully sat and passed both her PHR and SPHR exams.
- Instructor led onsite format in Portland - $1025
- Instructor led webinar format online - $1050
Fees include complete SHRM Learning System materials and access to online test bank. Online course fee includes head set for participating in the live online course.
This course is eligible for funding under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) through the Maine CareerCenters. For more information visit: mainecareercenter.com/employment/training-adults
The HR Certification Institute requires HR professionals sitting for the PHR or SPHR exams to have a combination of demonstrated work experience and education.
Note: The SHRM Learning System is not a substitute for the certification examination. If you wish to take the PHR or SPHR exam, you must complete a separate application form online through the HR Certification Institute. Download the 2013 HR Certification Handbook.