This course is designed for the experienced project manager who is preparing to move to the next level and become a certified PMP.
Students will prepare for taking and passing the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification exam by developing a thorough understanding of the ten knowledge areas, five process groups and 47 processes identified within the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Fifth Edition.
A total of three 7-hour classroom sessions will contribute 21 hours toward the 35-hour education required by PMI for certification.
Students are expected to have read the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Fifth Edition prior to attending the class.
To be eligible for the PMP credential, you must meet certain educational and professional requirements. Learn more about the PMP Certification from the PMP Handbook. Eligibility Requirements are listed on page 8.
For those new to the field of Project Management, consider exploring our Project Management Certificate Program.
PMP Certification Preparation Course Details:
- Required Books:
All participants are required to purchase two books prior to course start date and bring them to class each class meeting*. These books are sold through a number of online vendors.
- Rita Mulchay's PMP Exam Prep Eighth Edition (RMC Publications, ISBN-10: 1932735658)
- PMBOK Fifth Edition (Project Management Institute, ISBN-10: 1935589679)
*Students are expected to have read the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Fifth Edition prior to attending the first class meeting
- Fee: $510 (course fee does not include required books
- 100% refund if you withdraw from a class five or more business days before the class starts.
- A course voucher for 50% of the course fee if you withdraw four or fewer business days from the start date.
- There are no refunds once a class begins.
- Schedule: This program is offered both in the fall and spring semesters. A total of three 7-hour classroom sessions will contribute 21 hours toward the 35-hour education required by PMI for certification.
- PMP Certification Prep Course (September- October 2014)
Mikal Curran PMP, has instructed for over ten years on how to become PMP(®) (Project Management Professional) and CAPM (®) (Certified Associate in Project Management) certified. He has been an Information Technology Project Manager for Computer Science Corp., Wright Express, TD Bank and Hannaford Bros. Company where he managed major information technology and business projects for more than twenty years.