Certificate Program in Professional Communication
Most of us spend nearly all of our working hours communicating with others. Whether we are instructing a staff member on how to complete a project, brainstorming ideas with colleagues, giving a formal sales presentation, writing an e-mail or business letter, or meeting customers' needs, effective communication skills are essential to our professional success and satisfaction.
This certificate program allows individuals to develop the confidence and clarity in communication to complement their professional skills and support their career growth.
Through presentation, discussions, and exercises, you will explore the theory and practice of effective workplace communication.
Required courses: (36 total hours)
Bring examples from your workplace to each session
- Delivering Powerful Presentations (12 hours) - March 2013
- Delivering Powerful Presentations (12 hours) - May 2013
- Professional Writing Workshop (6 hours) - February 2013
- Professional Writing Workshop (6 hours) - April 2013
Elective Course: Participants choose one elective course (6 total hours) from the Professional Development Programs. Browse our courses.
This certificate program is offered during both the fall and spring semesters. Please click individual required courses above for class schedules.
42 total contact hours / 4.2 CEUs
Total cost of required courses is $1,205 – includes all course materials. Elective course fees vary. Participants register and pay per course.
Track the progress of your certificate program with this form.
- Nancy Ansheles, M.Ed., has been the owner of Catalyst & Co. for 17 years. She provides creative learning programs for businesses and organizations in Maine, the United States, and internationally. She facilitates learning to help participants achieve results, increase satisfaction, and reduce stress. She brings energy, humor, and a wealth of real life examples to every workshop.
- Elizabeth Dodge, M.F.A., is a freelance writer, editor, and trainer in Portland. She has more than 20 years of experience in technical writing, marketing communications, public relations, and publishing. She has been teaching and tutoring for more than 15 years, sharing her passion for writing with a coaching style that is sensitive to the personal nature of writing.