The work of the Senate is done through several standing and ad hoc committees. Membership on the following senate committees is open to all USM Professional Staff.
Want to join a committee? Please fill out this form to sign up! We'd be happy to have you!
The following is a list of 2013-2014 Committee Members and the committee descriptions.
Executive Committee: Consists of the current year's officers.
- Amy Amico - Chair
- Jessica Picard, Vice Chair
- Martha Scott, Co-Secretary
- Lynn Rollins, Co-Secretary
By-Laws Committee (ad hoc)
This committee will oversee the By-Laws, proposed amendments, and associated relationship to the University Governance Document.
Professional Recognition and Awards Committee
This committee will coordinate the Professional Staff Recognition function including the nomination and selection process for the Distinguished Professional and Emerging Professional Staff Awards. The committee will periodically examine the feasibility of other recognition vehicles. Membership is open to all USM professional staff.
This committee disseminates information regarding the Professional staff to the University community, which may include awards and recognitions, photos, marketing of upcoming events, and other pertinent information, most likely on the ProSen webiste. Membership is open to all USM professional staff.
The Election Committee coordinates and oversees the election process. Only Profession Senate members who are not candidates for the annual election are eligible for membership. Professional Senate elections are traditionally held in the spring, with the results announced during the annual recognition luncheon in May.
Professional Development Committee
This committee plans and delivers a minimum of one activity per year. Membership is open to all USM professional staff.
In addition to these committees, senate members participate in the work of the larger USM community by representing professional staff on the following University committees:
- Classified Staff Senate: Gerri Therault
- Awards Coordination: Sharoo Wengland, Aubrey Seppa-Hodgkins, Meredith Bickford
- This committee consists of several members across the University, including members of the Classified and Professional Senates and the Faculty Senate, to plan for the annual recognition of longevity event held in the spring.
- President's Council on Climate Neutrality: Tina Claypoole, Jean Bessette, Courtney Breslin
- Faculty Senate: Jim O'Brien, Pam Roy (LAC), Sharoo Wengland (P)
- Council on Diversity: Jean Bessette, Aubrey Seppa-Hodgkins, Martha Scott
- Student Senate: Pam Roy (LAC), Martha Scott (P), Casey Webster (P) Aubrey Seppa-Hodgkins (G), Courtney Breslin (G)
- This committee attends weekly meetings of the Undergraduate Student Senate and members serve as liaisons between the Undergraduate Student Senate and Professional Staff Senate.
- USM Board of Visitors: Amy Amico, Sharoo Wengland, Jennifer Dean
- This committee consists of a group of volunteers that assists the President of the University in a range of activities that help advance the University, including public relations, government realtions and fund-raising.
- USM Governance Constitution Rewrite Committee: Jim O'Brien
- Parking Committee: Jessica Picard, Gary Stephenson
Other committee assignments will be announced as they occur.