Research Administration & Development has a limited amount of funds that may be used to support student travel presentation of research results at national meetings or conferences.
- The Student must submit a request in writing to the Associate VP of Academic Affairs for Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity, Samantha Langley-Turnbaugh, email@example.com, at least two months prior to travel date.
- Request reviewed and decision communicated to traveler within one week of receipt.
Required Request Guidelines
- Student name, Major, year in school, and Faculty Advisor
- Purpose of travel
- Destination and Date (including conference title and the subject matter to be presented)
- Itemized budget for funds requested
- Other sources of funding requested (from whom and dollar amount, including awarded amount if applicable)
A one-page report on travel should be submitted within one week of returning from the trip. Report should include at a minimum: all the above and a summary of how this trip contributed to traveler’s professional development. It is the faculty mentor’s responsibility to ensure that student travelers submit their report. Failure to do so will jeopardize the student’s eligibility for future travel funds.