Commercialization Fund Program Announced
The objective of the Commercialization Fund Program is to expand the commercialization of USM technology. The funds are to support the development of innovations with commercial potential, with the result that more USM technology reaches the marketplace. The funding is intended to support a range of stages in technology development, from initial concept (prior to intellectual property disclosure), through proof of concept, to licensing and commercialization. Existing industry connections are not a prerequisite for funding; however, all projects should have a clear commercial benefit or potential for the state of Maine, including but not limited to:
- Growth in the Maine employment base,
- Creation of a Maine company,
- Licensing to an existing Maine company,
- And generating revenue for the USM enterprise.
Interdisciplinary proposals are encouraged. Applications that do not have a clear connection with commercialization and/or technology development, and are not aligned with one of Maine’s seven targeted technology sectors (http://www.maine.gov/decd/innovation/clusters/index.shtml) will not be considered responsive to this call for proposals and will not be reviewed.
Please view complete document for details and related deadlines.
- Confidentiality/Nondisclosure Form
- Equipment Repair Fund
- Fee for Service vs. Research
- Human Subjects Research
- Internal Competitive Grant Deadlines
- Maine Economic Improvement Fund (MEIF)
- UMaine Intellectual Property Policy
- Undergrad Research Computer Lab Access Form
- USM New Invention Notification Form
- USM Patent Procedure & Policy
- USM Standard Research Contract
- USM Statement on Animal Use