Equipment Repair Fund
Procedure for requesting equipment repair funds from Research Administration and Development
Research Administration and Development has a limited amount of funds for equipment repair. These funds are for research and teaching equipment, and for repair only (this does not include maintenance).
To request funds, please send an email to AVP Samantha Langley-Turnbaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
- A description of the equipment and it’s use – teaching or research
- Purchase date of the equipment
- An official quote for the repair (requests without a quote will not be considered)
If the request is approved, the department is responsible for implementing the repair by processing the Purchase Order, etc. and charging the expense to the department. After the repair is complete and the invoice has been received in MaineStreet MarketPlace, and the charge hits the GL (PeopleSoft); a copy of the invoice with the PO # and department chartfield combination should be sent to Trish Bola in Research Administration and Development (106 Science, Portland Campus). A transfer will then be processed to reimburse your department.
These funds are available on a first come first serve basis until the funds run out. If you have questions regarding the criteria for the equipment repair funds or the process, please contact the Trish Bola at email@example.com.
- Confidentiality/Nondisclosure Form
- Equipment Repair Fund
- Fee for Service vs. Research
- Human Subjects Research
- Internal Competitive Grant Deadlines
- Maine Economic Improvement Fund (MEIF)
- UMaine Intellectual Property Policy
- Undergrad Research Computer Lab Access Form
- USM New Invention Notification Form
- USM Patent Procedure & Policy
- USM Standard Research Contract
- USM Statement on Animal Use