Ph.D., University of Texas
A.B., Dartmouth College
Teaching & Research Interests
Asset Pricing, Investments, Valuation, Financial Modeling
Assistant & Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts Boston, 1997 - 2004
Senior Lecturer, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, 1995-1997
Visiting Lecturer, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 1994-1995
- "International Stock Market Equilibrium with Heterogeneous Tastes," with Leslie Young, American Economic Review, 1999.
- "Can Money Flows Predict Stock Returns?," with Richard W. Sias, Financial Analysts Journal, 2001
- "Greener Pastures and the Impact of Dynamic Institutional Preferences,”, with Richard W. Sias and Laura T. Starks, 2003.
- “Why Company-Specific Risk Changes Over Time,” with Richard W. Sias, Financial Analysts Journal, 2006.
Reprinted in “Risk Management – Foundations for a Changing Financial World,” edited by Walter Haslett Jr., CFA Institute, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2010.
- “Portfolio Diversification,” with Richard W. Sias, Journal of Investment Management, 2010.
Professor Bennett is a member of the CFA Institute and serves on the board of the Maine CFA Society.