On Wednesday, November 20, Bob Monks, Sr. will present "The fiduciary requirements of universities and charities" in the USM Portland Glickman Library 7th floor Events Room from 4:45 pm to about 5:30 pm. Afterward, L.L. Bean, Inc. will provide complimentary refreshments. Free and open to the public. Please register in advance.
Bob Monks is a well-recognized scholar and world leader in the fields of shareholder responsibility and corporate governance. Brutally candid yet witty, Bob is powerful in his ability to distill complex settings into nuggets of knowledge and is constantly deciphering the developments of our day.
Bob will speak about the unique responsibilities of universities and charities as they manage donor funds. His talk is derived from his latest book, Citizens DisUnited, about the increasing influences of corporations, and the related relative decline in individual power, in American society.
- Newest Internships listed in USMCareerConnections
- NEW COURSE - The Arctic: Law, Public Policy, & Business
- NEW! Certificate of Graduate Study in Business Analytics
- General Management Major with International Business Track - Non-BUS approved course list
- SB Scholarships
- Career Services
- Application for Certificate Completion