- M.S., Sport Management, University of Connecticut 2016
- Graduate Certificate in College Instruction, University of Connecticut 2015
- B.A., Whitman College 1995
Professor Schumacher joins USM with more than 15 years of international sport management leadership skills and graduate-level university teaching experience.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Management of Sporting Events, Venue Planning & Facility Management
- Environmentally Sustainable Sport Project Management
- International Sport Governance, Sport Operations & Sport Communications
Awards and Recognition
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) - Certified LEED Green Associate
- International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM) - Member
- North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) - Member
John has experience with more than 20 World Cup and Olympic events as a Senior Competitions Manager and has worked as a Media Officer for FIFA.