SMART for Schools
Futures Online Resources
- Online Resources Best Practices in School Psychology V: Website with links to selected chapters and topics covered in Best Practices in School Psychology, Fifth Edition.
- DIBELS Website:The official web site for the Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) a benchmark and progress monitoring tool for reading growth
- Doing What Works: is a website dedicated to helping educators identify and make use of effective teaching practices. Doing What Works contains practice guides developed by the Department’s Institute for Education Sciences that evaluate research on the effectiveness of teaching practices described in the guides.
- Florida Center for Reading Research: The FCRR provides technical reports of a wide number of different reading programs. the reviews include information about whether each program covers the five areas of reading
- Free Reading Website: Free-Reading is an “open source” instructional program that helps teachers teach early reading. Because it's open source, it represents the collective wisdom of a wide community of teachers and researchers. It's designed to contain a scope and sequence of activities that can support and supplement a typical “core” or “basal” program.
- Heartland Area Education Agency: This is the home website for one of the school districts in Iowa that has focused on using problem-solving to promote academic success for all students.
- National Center on Student Progress Monitoring: This site provides descriptive information and access to resources to help teachers monitor progress of students at-risk for school difficulties
- STEEP: STEEP stands for System to Enhance Educational Performance. This site offers information about research-based assessment and intervention methods
- What Works Clearinghouse: This site was established by the U.S. Department of Education under the 2001 No Child Left Behind Act. The site includes review of specific curricula according to instructional objectives included in NCLB.