- Pathways - Find the USM Student Organization that is right for you!
- List of Student Organizations at USM
- USM Involvement and Student Organization Resources
- Student Health 101
- Update your Student Organization Contact Info!
- Register for the Student Organization Leadership Retreat!
- USM Summer Orientation
Webinar - LGBT Youth & Suicide: Understanding & Reducing Risk
The Center for Sexualities and Gender Diversity and University Health and Counseling will be co-sponsoring the following webinar with discussion to follow. We'll have rooms in both Portland and Gorham,--locations to be announced next week. Meanwhile, save the date and spread the word! Feel free to forward this announcement (and the follow up with location) to others. Students, faculty, staff and concerned community members are all invited. Call Micheline Hagan with questions: 780-4050 LGBT Youth & Suicide: Understanding & Reducing RiskWednesday, September 12, 2012
1:00-3:00 pmPortland: Gorham:
- Gay and lesbian adolescents are 3-to-5 times more likely to attempt suicide than other teenagers. But, the latest findings show that certain protective factors can lower the risk.
- Join Brian Mustanski, Ph.D. of Northwestern University for a timely webinar describing research on the prevalence of suicidality, risk and protective factors, and creating awareness of how to reduce suicide risk in this vulnerable population.
Brian Mustanski, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor of Medical Social Sciences and Psychology at Northwestern University and Director of the University’s IMPACT LGBT Health and Development Program. He has conducted some of the only longitudinal cohort studies of suicidality among LGBT youth.
- Campus Traditions
- Department of Residential Life and Resident Education
- Commuter Community
- Center for Sexuality and Gender Diversity
- Multicultural Student Affairs
- Veteran Resource Center
- USM Campus Saftey Project
- Recreation and Fitness
- The Free Press
- USM Athletics
- Community Service Learning
- USM Religious and Spiritual Life
- Student Success Center
- Health and Counseling
- Public Safety
- USM Alert