Thinking about changing your major?
If you are an undergraduate student who is thinking about changing your major to Social Work, please note the following steps:
- Talk with your current program's advisor about why you want to change your major.
- Meet with Prof. David Wagner, BSW program coordinator, to make sure that you will be accepted into the program.
- After you have completed the above steps and and you are ready to change your major to Social Work, fill out the "Change of Major" form and submit it to your current advisor for the appropriate signatures.
- Your current program should forward the form to the School of Social Work for approvals.
- You will receive an email from the School of Social Work when your change of major has been approved. You will be assigned a new advisor.
- Schedule an appointment with your new advisor as soon as possible to plan your new program of study.
If you are graduate student who is interested in a different degree program, then you need to apply to the new degree program and withdraw from your current degree program. Graduate students cannot "change their major".
For more information, please contact Kat Schorr, Coordinator of Student Affairs at email@example.com or 207-780-4762 to discuss your options.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- Changing your major?
- Transferring to USM?
- Looking for a Work Study job?
- Field Education
- International Student Information
- Study Abroad
- Social Work Student Organization
- Phi Alpha Honor Society
- Thinking Matters
- Civic Matters