TIA Admissions Process
The International Academy (TIA) looks forward to welcoming you to campus in the fall of 2017! TIA offers a rolling admission process as long as spaces are available. Admission advisors will work to ensure that every admitted student has the language and academic skills to succeed in this challenging program, and students will be supported throughout their time at TIA.
If you encounter any difficulty submitting your application, please contact us right away and we will help you with the process.
Applications are screened as they are received. If applicants meet the initial requirements, a Skype interview will be scheduled. Admission decisions will be communicated within two weeks, following the Skype interview.
The International Academy accepts the Standard Application Online (SAO), and our school code is #7633.
To apply, you must submit the following application materials:
- Online Application
- Application Fee of $100 USD
- Transcript and Academic Records for Grades 9 and 10 (and 11, if appropriate). Transcript must have an English translation (if not already in English).
- TOEFL score of 79 (code number B685) or IELTS score of 6.5*
- Recommendation from English Instructor
- Recommendation from Head of School or Principal
- Recommendation from Math Instructor
- Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) — recommended, but not required
*If your language proficiency score is slightly lower than the recommended scores, contact us to discuss options.
When a student is accepted, he or she will receive instructions for sending a deposit of $5,000 USD (this is your first payment toward your tuition, it is not an additional fee) to reserve a space in the class and a signed enrollment agreement indicating your intention to come to The International Academy. In addition, we will need to receive the following materials before we can issue the I-20, which the student will use to support the application for an F-1 student visa. We will provide instructions and assistance throughout the process.
- Image of Passport
- Letter of Support from Parent or Head of Household
- International Student Certificate of Finances (assets held by family). Must provide income verification from a banking authority, translated into English and converted into U.S. dollars.
Please contact us by emailing Associate Head of School, Ms. Jenn White at Jennifer.L.White@Maine.edu