1st Annual Husky Harvest
International Food Festival
FREE and OPEN to the public.
Join us for a festival that encourages multi-cultural engagement, exchange, education, and understanding through the sharing of food.
Recipes from around the world will be created by USM national and international students/faculty and shared potluck style with attendees. The event also will feature live entertainment and cooking demonstrations, and USM and community organizations and restaurants will be on hand to give out free samples and sell goods. Activities will include:
- Student-prepared dishes featuring Asian, Greek, Indian, Mexican, and Native American cuisine, such as:
- Indian pudding and fried bread made by the Multicultural Student Organization
- Japanese rice ball, bulgogi, and potato salad made by the Asian American Association
- Baklava and moussaka made by the Greek Community
- Cooking demonstration on traditional Chinese dumplings, offered by the USM Confucius Institute
- Live demonstration by Kristin Simmons on pastry making with chocolate from Belize
- Coffee blend deconstruction demonstration by Coffee By Design
- Traditional Cambodian and Greek dancing
- Henna artists from the Muslim Student Association
Recipes featured at the event have been compiled in a cookbook, which will be available for purchase at the event
The Husky Harvest is hosted by the Festival and Event Planning class in the USM Tourism and Hospitality Program, in partnership with Portland Student Life and the International Studies Program.
For more information: http://www.facebook.com/huskyharvest