Who is eligible?
Students are eligible to apply for TRiO Student Support Services at USM if they meet the following U.S. Department of Education guidelines:
- Are enrolled in a USM undergraduate degree program or accepted for enrollment at USM (must be working towards first bachelor’s degree)
- Are citizens of the United States or have permanent residency
- Are in need of academic support
- And meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Neither parent graduated from a four-year college
- Meet government income guidelines based on taxable income* (currently $34,575 for a family of 4)
- Have a documented physical, mental, learning or ADD/ADHD disability
How do I apply?
To be considered for acceptance into the TRiO Student Support Services Program you must complete an application and return it to a Student Success Center on any USM campus or to the TRiO Programs Office at 7 College Ave, USM, Gorham, ME 04038.