PPE Instructions For Athletes
Students interested in participating in collegiate athletics at USM must complete all facets of the Medical Eligibility requirements prior to participation. Please click on the 2013 Medical Eligibility Letter below and read all requirements carefully. After reading the letter continue on with instructions that follow.
After reading the Medical Eligibility letter, move on to the following steps. Read each step below, prior to downloading forms.
1. If you are under age 18, as of August 16, 2013, download, complete and sign our Minor Consent form.
2. If you have been diagnosed with ADHD and are on prescribed medications please download and have your prescribing physician complete this Medical Documentation form.
3. Download and complete the Medical Release forms. Be sure to complete both forms, 2-pages each, they may appear to be the same form but they are two different forms so complete both. Click on the highlighted word to download form.
4. Click on the Injury and Illness Reporting Acknowledgment Form and download the form to: complete, sign, date and bring with you to your PPE appointment at USM Health Services. You must also read the educational fact sheet regarding concussions. Click on the following link to read the NCAA Concussion Fact Sheet. Also, click on the following NCAA link and watch the 9.5 minute concussion awareness video entitled, "Concussions: Don't Hide It, Report It, Take Time To Recover".
5. Sickle Cell Trait Testing: As of August 2013 the NCAA requires that all first year student-athletes (Freshmen, transfers or first year participants) must show written test results for Sickle Cell Trait. Please download and complete the Sickle Cell Trait form and bring with you to your PPE appointment at USM Health Services.
6. Click on the e-PPE logo below and follow the printed instructions to register and then complete the electronic pre-participation evaluation(e-PPE) medical history questionnaire. The questionnaire is located on a highly secure website and all personal and medical information is encrypted and complies with medical security laws. Only sports medicine personnel including the athletic trainers, nurse practitioners, and team physicians at USM will have access to the medical history summary. The questionnaire will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. You must complete the e-PPE in advance of your pre-participation physical evaluation (PPE).
If you have downloaded, completed, and printed out all required forms on this page, gone on-line to complete the e-PPE, downloaded and printed all forms within the e-PPE that you have completed, you are now ready for your pre-participation physical evaluation. You MUST bring all printed forms with you to your scheduled pre-participation physical evaluation . Your PPE MUST be completed at the USM Health Center. Any questions regarding medical eligibility requirements should be directed to Matt Gerken, Head Athletic Trainer at email@example.com
- Referring students: A Faculty & Staff Resource
- Anonymous On-Line Screenings
- Victims of Violence and Sexual Assault
- Training Program for Internships
- Outreach and Programming
- Women's Resource Center
- Campus Safety Project
- Basic Facts and FAQ's
- Nutrition and Exercise Resource LIst
- USM Tobacco Policy
- Excuse Note Policy
- Conversion Therapy