PPE Instructions For Student Athletes
PPE INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENT-ATHLETES AT USM
Follow each of the three (3) steps below to fulfill all medical eligibility requirements for participation in intercollegiate athletics at University of Southern Maine. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS
Step #1. Click to open this link Medical Eligibility Requirements for Intercollegiate Athletic Participation at USM and read carefully! DO NOT SKIP OVER THIS STEP!!
Step #2. Student-athletes must complete the web based Profile electronic health history questionnaire and required smart forms. This questionnaire and accompanying forms must be completed and with your e-signature applied prior to receiving a Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (PPE) at University Health and Counseling Services (UHCS) and prior to being eligible for intercollegiate athletic participation at the University of Southern Maine (USM).
***Tip: Many first time users of Privit Profile sit down with their Parent or Guardian to complete the Privit Profile. After all, your parents generally have comprehensive health information at their fingertips or can easily access Immunization records, insurance information, and your health history.***
Step #3. All student-athletes must complete a pre-participation physical evaluation (PPE) annually at the University Health and Counseling Services in 125 Upton Hall on the Gorham Campus of USM.
Athletic participants are required to provide written proof of current enrollment in a health insurance plan that includes coverage for intercollegiate athletic participation. You must upload copies of both sides of your health insurance card to Privit Profile in the "Manage Documents" section on your "Home Page" in Step #2 above. Failure to provide compies of current health insurance coverage prior to the PPE appointment at Health Services will render the participant ineligible for athletic participation at USM.
TEAM DATE TIME
W. Soccer Thursday, August 18 8:00 am
Field Hockey Thursday, August 18 8:45 am
W. Volleyball Thursday, August 18 9:30 am
M. Soccer Thursday, August 18 10:15 am
Golf Thursday, August 18 10:45 am
TEAM DATE TIME
M. Cross Country Monday, August 22 8:00 am
W. Cross Country Monday, August 22 8:30 am
W. Tennis Monday, August 22 9:00 am
TEAM DATE TIME
Baseball Friday, September 9 8:00 am
Softball Friday, September 9 8:45 am
M. Lacrosse Friday, September 9 9:30 am
W. Lacrosse & M. Tennis Friday, September 9 10:15 am
M. Ice Hockey Friday, September 9 11:00 am
M. Track & Field Friday, September 9 11:45 pm
W. Ice Hockey Friday, September 9 12:15 am
W. Track & Field Friday, September 9 1:00 pm
Wrestling Friday, September 9 1:30 pm
W. Basketball Friday, September 9 2:00 pm
M. Basketball Friday, September 9 2:30 pm
Failure to complete the Privit Profile prior to the scheduled deadlines will jeopardize your ability to have the PPE completed on the scheduled clinic date. You will have to contact Health Services directly to reschedule your PPE. This process will most certaily delay your medical clearance to participate in intercollegiate athletics.
Completion of Privit Profile deadlines:
Friday, August 5, 2016- Fall sport participants
Friday, August 26, 2016- Winter and Spring sport participants
Athletic Training Students will be assisting with some aspects of the PPE under strict medical confidentiality. Their role is primarily for learning and applying proficiency skills as part of the educational requirements in the Athletic Training major.
INSTRUCTIONS for PPE Appointment:
• Athletes under age 18 must have a Minor Consent Form signed by a parent or guardian prior to the PPE
• Student-athletes should arrive dressed in T-shirt and gym shorts for the PPE appointment
• All student-athlete candidates should report for check-in 15 minutes prior to their scheduled PPE appointment. Missing the scheduled appointment may jeopardize eligibility for sports participation as there are limited opportunities for rescheduling PPE appointments. Students may be charged for missed appointments.
Completing your web based Profile
Before beginning your Privit Profile gather the following information:
- Your Immunization Shot Records. (Click on the following link for Immunization Requirements Information)
- Your Health Insurance enrollment card
- Your USM MaineStreet ID # (7 digits)
Profile™ is completed in 3 simple steps!!
1. Register an account
2. Complete all relevant information for each section
3. Apply electronic signatures to each section
If you need assistance with Profile™, please contact the Help Center at 844-234-4357 or visit www.support.privit.com.
Instructions on Getting Started:
1. Register an Account (FIRST year athletes ONLY):
***Returning athletes can use their previous login and password***
Register an account in your name and complete the appropriate information.
- From the landing page, click Register. Register as an athlete. If you are <18 years of age you will be prompted to add a parent/guardian at that time.
- Please register with your name, your email address, and create a password of your choice. When you are finished, click Sign Up.
- Next, you will be taken to the HOME page.
2. Complete All Relevant Information:
Complete the Personal Details by clicking the Start button to the right of the Personal Details section.
- Once the Personal Details section has been completed to 100%, the e-PPE Questionnaire will become available for you to complete.
- Complete the e-PPE Questionnaire by clicking the Start button to the right of the e-PPE Questionnaire section.
- After completing the above sections, continue to the Additional Information section, review and complete the information and click Submit.
- Additional required smart forms will then appear on your Home page for completion and electronic signature. (Below are instructions for applying e-signatures)
- You MUST join a team in the Join Teams section in order to appear on the team roster. To join a team, click Update next to Join Teams, and check the box next to the correct team(s).
You cannot skip #5 above as you must join team(s) for the appropriate USM staff to see your signed forms.
3. Apply Electronic Signature:
- When you have finished completing/reading each appropriate section, click Submit button that appears at the bottom of each section page.
- A message will appear if you want to review or sign the document. Click the blue Sign button and you will be taken to a page to create an electronic signature. Select the blue Create New Signature tab.
- With your curser on a computer or with your finger from a tablet/mobile device, create your signature or initials then click the blue Save tab. You will see your signature displayed. Select the grey Done tab underneath. Once complete, you will then be on your account management page. Select Home near the top left of the screen.
Once you have created an e-signature, you will not be required to repeat this process. You will be able to apply this e-signature anywhere an e-signature is required.
NOW you are ready to build your Profile™by clicking the image below:
If you have any questions about medical eligibility please direct inquiries to Matt Gerken at email@example.com.