Students matriculated in an LAC major are required to complete the Lewiston Common Core, a curriculum designed to
- foster the knowledge and abilities students need to be effective in their personal and civic life and to be successful in their chosen career
- provide opportunities to become a better speaker and a stronger writer
- help students learn to find, evaluate, and utilize information
- teaches students how to carefully think through complex questions in light of their social, cultural and historical contexts
- emphasize connecting academic study to personal life and career choices
- encourage students to become more clearly aware of their values and aspirations
- cultivate the habits of mind and heart that we all need to live lives guided by a sense of social responsibility and ethical citizenship.