Free Women Veterans Work Smart Workshop
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- About the wage gap and how to take the next steps in accessing available resources that can help them find employment
- How to identify their transferable skills
- How to research labor market information pertinent to their occupational choices, skills, and abilities
- How to find current data on wages for jobs in Maine
- How to negotiate the best possible compensation when offered employment in the civilian world
Pre-registration is required before March 22
To register, contact Auta Main @ Auta.M.Main@maine.gov or (207) 623-7975
Seating is limited. Refreshments and lunch provided by The Maine Veterans Home.
The workshop is a result of a unique collaboration among the Maine Veterans Home, Women Vets USA, the WAGE Project, the USDOL Veterans Employment and Training Service, Coastal Counties Workforce Inc., the Veterans Employment Program in BES, and the Veterans Employment Committee, Women's Employment Issues Committee of the State Workforce Investment Board and Maine Centers for Women, Work and Community.