Web Content Management System Update -- April 5, 2011
The new USM Web site redesign and content management system (Web CMS) conversion is an ongoing process that entails multiple steps to completion. Our current phase this spring has included:
- Initial site owner meetings with Greater Good Marketing (GGM) to review your current Web site content
- Followup site owner meetings with Greater Good Marketing (GGM) to review your reassessed Web site content
- Technical implementations of the Web CMS to prepare for this first phase of content migration
- Creation of new visual designs based on the information architecture wireframes completed in December
This week (postponed from last Friday), a few early adopters who will receive the first set of trainings include:
- College of Science, Technology, and Health
- Department of Linguistics
- Finance and Administration
- Facilities Management
We are happy to report that a few additional departments and offices are now ready to transfer their content into the new system:
- Student Accounts
- Financial Aid
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Graduate Studies
The first launch of the new Web CMS will occur approximately May 19. As such, we are working with several deadlines in which everyone’s cooperation is needed to help meet the timelines established as this project progresses. It is key that
- Folks who have not met with Marcus or Ann need to schedule a meeting, no later than April 15.
- Folks who are ready to transfer their information will be contacted soon for the first of several CMS trainings in mid-April.
We appreciate your cooperation and help with this project.
Executive Director for Computing Services