Vending at USM is designed to create a lively atmosphere for our community on each of our campuses. The University of Southern Maine invites local vendors to visit our Portland or Gorham campuses to sell and promote your items to over 10,000 USM community members (students, faculty & staff).
Benefits to YOU as a vendor
By visiting our campuses, your business or organization will ensure greater visibility, opportunity to sell or promote your products or items, to recruit new employees, members or volunteers. Vendors are invited and welcome to come for multiple visits at a discounted price. USM Students, Faculty and Staff are able to take advantage of this program at discounted price as members of the USM community.
We will advertise participating vendors the day they are on campus via our USM list serv and we will provide ONE parking space per vendor per day on campus. We will provide one 6 foot table per visit; extra tables will cost more, two chairs per table. Internet access and electicity is available.
Vendor Program reservations are available Monday thru Thursday from 8am – 5pm. Vendors are assigned space on a first come/first serve basis.
|Vendors||Non-Profit (501c3, etc.)||USM Community Members|
USM Campus Dept or Student Organizations please use this link to register!
Non-USM affiliated vendors, non-profits & USM Community Members (not tabling for a dept or org) please use this link to register!
Guidelines for Vending @ USM
1. The University reserves the right to refuse the use of its facilities to any artisan or vendor if such use would be in conflict with its mission or is insensitive to the total community.
2. Artisans and vendors may not discriminate and must comply with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination (see section II.B.).
3. All artisans and vendors must insure that, in their marketing of goods, the rights of personal privacy and freedom of speech are not violated. This means that the traffic flow may not be physically interrupted and that aggressive selling tactics are prohibited (see section II.D.).
4. Payment should be made to: University Southern Maine, Student Life, 135 Woodbury Campus Center, P.O. Box 9300, Portland, ME 04104 Your reservation will be secured upon receipt of your payment.
5. If payment is not received one week before your visit, we will remove your name from our reservation schedule, leaving this space open for other interested artisans or vendors who pay in advance. Items sold may not be in conflict with existing services already provided at the University of Southern Maine without special permission
6. Please do not attach items to the walls or ceilings. You may display posters or banners from the front of your table only.
7. All cancellations must be made one week in advance of your scheduled date. A fee of $50/$20/$25 may be assessed for any cancellations made after that date.
8. The consumption of alcoholic beverages and smoking are prohibited in the buildings. Animals are also prohibited other than service animals.
9. During the Winter season you should call the Storm Line at (207) 780-4800 before you leave if the weather is inclement. Generally, if the university closes early or is closed for the day, the message is announced by 6am and throughout the day
University of Southern Maine Artisan/Vendor Policy (PDF - 187kb)
University of Southern Maine Internal and Licensed Use of University Facilities, Grounds, Equipment Policy (PDF - 225kb)
If you would like more information please contact Zorica Andric at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (207) 228-8200.