- Master of Science in Adult and Higher Education (36 credits)
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Adult Learning (30 credits)
In-State Tuition Rate for master's, regardless of residency
Asynchronous Online Delivery
2 to 5 Years - Students pace coursework according to their personal timeline
Flexibility and Access
- Both the Master of Science and Certificate of Advanced Studies programs can be earned 100% online.
- Students in both degrees receive in-state tuition, regardless of residency.
- Many AHE students are working professionals who seek to advance in their current place of employment or transition into a career directly related to adult and higher education.
- Skills-oriented courses and field-based experiences build on research and theory to provide opportunities to apply learning theories and strategies directly in a work environment.
- Students can choose their own Field Study.
- Students are encouraged to be authors of their own programs.
- In addition to required core courses, students design their learning through electives, a range of skills-based courses, and self-directed projects.
- Students are encouraged to design their own Focus Areas.
Diverse Learning Community
- Since 1972, this well-established program has developed into a dynamic online learning community where students work collaboratively in opportunities for career connections and networking.
- A range of experience, professions, and geographic locations make up the diverse network of students, offering a richer library of resources to learn from peers across disciplines.
- Graduates are prepared to work in many fields, including: higher education, adult education centers, nonprofit organizations, medical institutions, corporations, and municipal agencies. Alumni serve in various roles such as director of adult education, dean or director in higher education, academic advisor, various student services roles, non-profit director, corporate trainer, staff development specialist, program designer, and adult education or community college educator.
“I knew very little about myself. I was very surprised by what I learned through my own learning history. The Learning Autobiography assignment was such an introspective journey of self-discovery … going through the program had a calming effect on me. It could've been through gaining a greater sense of self-confidence from setting a goal and reaching that goal, or just knowing that I had found a comfortable place as an adult learner amongst many other adult learners." Katy Kruithoff
“I really liked the fact that there was a lot of freedom with my electives that allowed me to focus on advising and counseling.” - Judi Brewer