To view previous years, please visit the Degree Planning page.
The 2019-2020 Materials for Degree Planning are currently in development. If documents for a major you are interested in are not linked, then please check back as documents are still being added.
These pages include links to information about all majors offered by USM. Information includes the department web page, requirement list, check sheet, academic map, and Major 2 Career handouts for each major. Note that links to each of these options may not be used by all majors.
The Academic Map is a suggested plan toward your ultimate graduation. Course sequencing in your personal plan may vary depending upon course availability, full or part-time status, transfer credits, etc. It is recommended you use these documents as a guide and use the Blank Academic Map (link below) to create your own unique graduation plan in consultation with your professional and faculty advisors. Every best effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this tool. The Academic Catalog documents the official requirements.
- List of Majors Alphabetically
- List of Majors by College and Department
- Accelerated Graduate Pathways
- List of Majors that can be combined with Teacher Education
- Link to 2019-2020 Catalog
- Current Engaged Learning (EL) course list
- Academic Map (blank)
- Academic Map Long Version (blank with up to 11 lines per semester)
- Download the blank fillable document to your computer.
- Save the document on your desktop with a unique name (ex. StudentNameDate).
- Open up the new saved document, fill out the document, and save it to your computer.
- Students: Take a copy of your draft form with you to your advising meeting.
- Faculty & Professional Advisors: Post the new document as an attachment to the student’s Advisor Notes for documentation of your recent interaction with the student.