We have included in the Student Handbook for American and New England Studies material that we hope will help you navigate through the program—information about requirements, advising, and research, and guidelines for exit papers, theses, projects, and internships.
We also want to direct you to the USM Graduate Academic Policies. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with these policies, especially Degree Progress, which establishes the minimum GPA as 3.0.
Undoubtedly, there will be questions that the handbook will not answer for you. Always feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
- Thesis and Project Guidelines
- Thesis Title Page and Approval Form
- Theses/Dissertations Binder and Content Release Form
- Project Title Page and Approval Form
- Exit Paper Guidelines
- Internship Guidelines
- Internship Application
- Reading and Research Guidelines: ANE 685
- Master's Degree Requirements and Program Options
- Guide to Reference Sources
- Citation Forms
- ANES Research Guide