Whether you are a college-bound high school student, attending the University of Southern Maine, or an enlisted soldier, Army ROTC has scholarships available. These are awarded based on a student’s merit and grades, and not their financial need.
- Army ROTC Scholarships
- Living Expenses (Cadet Stipend)
- Guaranteed Guard and Reserve Forces Duty Scholarship (GRFD)
- Green to Gold Scholarship (G2G)
Various Army ROTC Scholarships
Army ROTC offers a variety of scholarship opportunities:
- Two-, three-, and four-year scholarship options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
- 100 percent Tuition and Fees scholarships
- $1,200 additional allowances for books
- If you already have a full-tuition scholarship, you can use the scholarship to cover your room and board, either on or off campus (up to $10,000 for four years)
Living Expenses (Cadet Stipend)
Army ROTC scholarships also provide monthly living allowances for each school year. You can earn certain amounts depending on your level in the Army ROTC curriculum:
- 1st year $300 per month
- 2nd year $350 per month
- 3rd year $450 per month
- 4th year $500 per month
This allowance is also available to all non-scholarship Cadets enrolled in the Army ROTC Advanced Course (3rd and 4th year).
Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty Scholarship (GRFD)
The GRFD and Dedicated ARNG Scholarships are 2, 2.5 or 3-year scholarships available for members of the Army Reserve (AR) and Army National Guard (ARNG) who desire to commission in the Reserve Forces. Applicants must be members of the AR or ARNG and participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) as a cadet.
Both scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis. Students apply for this scholarship during the spring semester of their sophomore year. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must at least be in your third semester with no more than 3 years remaining until graduation.
Green to Gold Scholarship (G2G)
If you are currently on active-duty and would like to commission as a Second Lieutenant (2LT), you might be interested in the Green to Gold Programs:
- 4-Year Scholarship (enter as a Freshman)
- 3-Year Scholarship (enter as a Sophomore)
- 2-Year Scholarship (enter as a Junior)
- Active Duty Option (Not a scholarship but the soldier is released from Active Duty to complete their college degree. Must enter the program as an academic junior and complete their degree program within 21 months. Individual continues to receive full military pay and allowances while attending final two years of college)
- 2-Year Non-Scholarship