Electronic Course Evaluations (ECE): UPDATE
*Effective Fall 2017: The "Explorance BLUE" course evaluation software operates by downloading the instructor, course, and student data files directly from MaineStreet into the BLUE software system. This is an automatic and regular process which keeps the course evaluation data updated and maintained (that is, instructor changes, course ending time updates, students or courses dropped or added, etc). Therefore, it is extremely important that each academic program ensures that the information in MaineStreet is correctly stated for their program courses each semester.
If you have additional questions please contact Kristen Beahm, 228-8086, email@example.com
Please see the UPDATED ECE Process -- links below.
Browsers to Use
Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer
ECE Course Evaluation Timelines
**USM Winter 2020 Semester
* Evaluation 1- Opens Jan 8, closes Jan 18 (courses ending on or before Jan 15)
**USM Spring 2021 Semester
- Evaluation 1- opens March 3, closes March 13 (courses ending on or before March 13)
- Evaluation 2- opens April 16, closes April 30 (courses ending March 31 thru April 30)
- Evaluation 3- opens May 1, closes May 11 (courses ending on May 7)
***LAW School Spring 2021 Semester
- Evaluation 1 (Law)- opens March 19, closes March 29 (courses ending on or before March 29)
- Evaluation 2 (Law/Clinical & Fieldwork)- opens April 17, closes April 27 (courses ending April 20 thru April 27)
ECE Links for BLUE Course Evaluation Access
Direct Link: https://maine.bluera.com/maine
- The link can be accessed by students - only during the course evaluation time periods.
- The link can be accessed by faculty - at various times to enter custom questions to the course evaluation, when evaluation is in-process to check response rates, and once course evaluation reports are available.
- The link can be accessed by Deans and Chairs - after each semester to obtain summary or aggregated reports for their college or department.
Faculty Questions and Answers about BLUE - Electronic Course Evaluations
Student Questions and Answers about an Electronic Course Evaluations
Standard Course Evaluation Form
Strategies to Boost Online Response Rates
Research Literature regarding Online Course Evaluations