Electronic Course Evaluations (ECE): UPDATE
*Effective Fall 2017: The "Explorance BLUE" course evaluation software replaced the previous Campus Labs software. This new software operates by downloading the instructor, course, and student data files directly from MaineStreet into the BLUE software system. This is an automatic and regular process which keeps the course evaluation data updated and maintained (that is, instructor changes, course ending time updates, students or courses dropped or added, etc). Therefore, it is extremely important that each academic program ensures that the information in MaineStreet is correctly stated for their program courses each semester.
If you have additional questions please contact Kristen Beahm, 228-8086, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the UPDATED ECE Process -- links below.
Browsers to Use
Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer
ECE Course Evaluation Timelines
**USM Fall 2020 Semester
- Evaluation 1- opens Oct 12, closes Oct 22 (courses ending on or before Oct 20)
- Evaluation 2- opens Nov 27, closes Dec 11 (courses ending Nov 4 thru Dec 11)
- Evaluation 3- opens Dec 12, closes Dec 22 (courses ending Dec 12 thru Dec 18)
***LAW School Fall 2020 Semester
- Evaluation 1 regular courses- opens Nov 16, closes Nov 30 (courses ending on or before Nov 30)
- Evaluation 2 regular courses- opens Nov 27, closes Dec 11 (courses ending on Dec 1 thru Dec 11)
ECE Links for BLUE Course Evaluation Access
Direct Link: https://maine.bluera.com/maine
- The link can be accessed by students - only during the course evaluation time periods.
- The link can be accessed by faculty - at various times to enter custom questions to the course evaluation, when evaluation is in-process to check response rates, and once course evaluation reports are available.
- The link can be accessed by Deans and Chairs - after each semester to obtain summary or aggregated reports for their college or department.
Faculty Questions and Answers about BLUE - Electronic Course Evaluations
- Common questions and answers for faculty members
- Student comments and e-signatures
- Syllabus excerpt
- Adding custom questions
Student Questions and Answers about an Electronic Course Evaluations
Standard Course Evaluation Form
Strategies to Boost Online Response Rates
Research Literature regarding Online Course Evaluations