Electronic Course Evaluations (ECE): UPDATE
*Effective Fall 2017: The "Explorance BLUE" course evaluation software replaced the previous Campus Labs software. This new software operates by downloading the instructor, course, and student data files directly from MaineStreet into the BLUE software system. This is an automatic and regular process which keeps the course evaluation data updated and maintained (that is, instructor changes, course ending time updates, students or courses dropped or added, etc). Therefore, it is extremely important that each academic program ensures that the information in MainStreet is correctly stated for their program courses each semester.
If you have additional questions please contact Kristen Beahm, 228-8086, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the UPDATED ECE Process -- links below.
Browsers to Use
Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer
ECE Course Evaluation Timelines
** USM Summer 2019 Semester
- Evaluation 1- opens May 31 closes June 10 (courses ending May 21 thru June 17)
- Evaluation 2- opens June 20 closes July 1 (courses ending June 18 thru July 5)
- Evaluation 3- opens July 12 closes July 23 (courses ending July 6 thru July 27)
- Evaluation 4- opens July 25 closes Aug 3 (courses ending July 28 thru Aug 10)
- Evaluation 5- opens Aug 5 closes Aug 19 (courses ending Aug 11 thru Aug 24)
** USM Spring 2019 Semester
- Evaluation 1- March 17 to March 31
- Evaluation 2- April 19 to May 3
***LAW School Summer 2019 Semester
- Evaluation 1 regular courses- May 31- June 12 (courses ending May 31 thru June 13)
- Evaluation 2 regular courses- July 13 - July 27 (courses ending July 15 thru July 24)
*** LAW School Spring 2019 Semester
- Evaluation regular courses - April 19 - May 3
- Evaluation clinical/field work - April 18 - May 2
ECE Links for BLUE Course Evaluation Access
Direct Link: https://maine.bluera.com/maine
- The link can be accessed by students - only during the course evaluation time periods.
- The link can be accessed by faculty - at various times to enter custom questions to the course evaluation, when evaluation is in-process to check response rates, and once course evaluation reports are available.
- The link can be accessed by Deans and Chairs - after each semester to obtain summary or aggregated reports for their college or department.
Faculty Questions and Answers about BLUE - Electronic Course Evaluations
- Common questions and answers for faculty members
- Student comments and e-signatures
- Syllabus excerpt
- Adding custom questions
Student Questions and Answers about an Electronic Course Evaluations
Standard Course Evaluation Form
Strategies to Boost Online Response Rates
Research Literature regarding Online Course Evaluations