MAT: Miller Analogies Test
The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is a high-level test of analytical ability that requires the solution of problems stated as analogies. The MAT consists of 120 partial analogies that you have 60 minutes to complete. The test measures your ability to recognize relationships between ideas, your fluency in the English language, and your general knowledge of the humanities, natural sciences, mathematics, and social sciences.
For Candidate Information Booklet and Practice Exams, please go to www.milleranalogies.com
Schedule of MAT Test Sessions
Date of Exam
Time of exam
Location of exam
Registration Deadline for exam
|Thursday, 5/4/17||9:00 a.m.||240 Luther Bonney Hall, Portland Campus||
|Thursday, 6/8/17||11:30 a.m.||240 Luther Bonney Hall, Portland Campus||
|Thursday, 7/6/17||1:00 p.m.||240 Luther Bonney Hall, Portland Campus||
|Thursday, 8/3/17||12:00 p.m.||240 Luther Bonney Hall, Portland Campus||7/27/17|
|Friday, 9/1/17||9:00 a.m.||240 Luther Bonney Hall, Portland Campus||
MAT Test-takers Please NOTE:
- Please complete Registration Form to register for the MAT before the deadline date.
- Pre-registration is required. No walk-ins will be permitted to take the exam.
- It takes 3-4 weeks to receive your test results. Please consider this turn-around time to meet graduate program application deadlines, as our office does not score this exam.
- There are 5 forms of the exam. When a candidate retakes the exam, the system will automatically assign a different version of the exam. The same form cannot be taken more than once per year or the result of the retest will be invalidated.
- You must bring two forms of non-expired positive ID on the test date. One must include a photograph and a signature, such as a driver's license or passport. The second may include a credit card, library card, or a utility bill with your name and address appearing exactly the same as on your other form of identification.
- If you have questions, please contact USM's Testing Associate, Vicki Meserve at (207) 780.4578 or email email@example.com.
- This exam can also be administered on an individual basis. Please contact Vicki Meserve (207) 780.4578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org discuss this.