The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is a high-level test of analytical ability that requires the solution of problems stated as analogies. The MAT consists of 120 partial analogies that you have 60 minutes to complete. The test measures your ability to recognize relationships between ideas, your fluency in the English language, and your general knowledge of the humanities, natural sciences, mathematics, and social sciences.
For Candidate Information Booklet and Practice Exams, please go to www.milleranalogies.com
This exam will only be provided for students going into USM Counseling program.
Testing for the Counseling program application deadline of March 15 will take place starting Jan 3, 2022 thru March 1, 2022. Please submit your registration form with the days you would like to take the exam. Appointments are required.
To Schedule a MAT Test:
Contact Kristen Beahm, email@example.com, 207-228-8086.
Location of Exams: Room 240, Luther Bonney Hall, Portland Campus.
MAT Test-takers Please NOTE:
- Please complete Registration Form to register for the MAT and email to Kristen Beahm, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-registration is required. No walk-ins will be permitted to take the exam.
- It takes 3-4 weeks to receive your test results. Please consider this turn-around time to meet graduate program application deadlines, as our office does not score this exam.
- There are 5 forms of the exam. When a candidate retakes the exam, the system will automatically assign a different version of the exam. The same form cannot be taken more than once per year or the result of the retest will be invalidated.
- You must bring two forms of non-expired positive ID on the test date. One must include a photograph and a signature, such as a driver's license or passport. The second may include a credit card, library card, or a utility bill with your name and address appearing exactly the same as on your other form of identification.