USM Math Placement Tests
The USM Math Placement Test is required for students who have a SAT-Math Score below 550 ( or ACT score below 22). The Math Placement Test consists of the ACCUPLACER-Arithmetic and Elementary Algebra Tests. You will receive two scores, both which will be used to determine the most appropriate math course for you to enroll. Please see links below for the Sample Test and the Math Placement Scoring Rubric. Please note that both sections, Arithmetic and Elementary Algebra, must be completed at the same sitting in order to be valid for determining placement.
- Test Sessions Schedules
- Sample Questions/Answer Key
- Placement Score Rubric
- Prepare for Math Placement Exam (Accuplacer)
Click here for details on the Math Placement Test....
USM College-Level Math Test
- The USM College-Level Math Test is required only for those incoming students who want to enroll in a higher-level math course as their first math course at USM. Students who have a SAT-MATH score of 550 or above (or ACT score of 23 or above) or students who have obtained a high score on the Math Placement Test (see above excerpt) have the option of taking the College-Level Math Test to determine if they have sufficient mathematical skills to enroll in a Pre-Calculus course. Your College-Level Math score will determine if your scores are sufficient to enroll in the MAT 140 course. Please see the links below for the Sample Test and the Math Placement Scoring Rubric.
Click here for details on College-Level Math Test......
USM Testing Services
- Computer Proficiency Exam (ABU 190, BUS 195 as of Fall 2015)
- An exam in Excel for students to demonstrate proficiency in spreadsheets
- Foreign Language Placement Exams
- Exams used to determine the appropriate level of foreign language courses for USM students
- Distance Education/Correspondence Courses
- USM offers proctoring services for local students taking distance courses from schools outside the University of Maine system that require exams to be proctored.
- CPCE Application Form (to register for the Counselor Prep Comprehensive Exam)
- This examination is specifically for students in the Counselor Education Program who are ready to do an internship
National and Certification Examiniations
*Graduate Admissions Tests
- MAT (Miller Analogies Test).....(click here for registration information and upcoming test dates)
- GRE-Subject Tests (Graduate Record Examination)..... Test Dates: April 18, 2015 (see www.ets.org/gre for registration details)
- LSAT (Law School Admission Test)..........Test Dates: Feb 7, 2015 and June 8, 2015 (see www.lsac.org for registration details)
*Certification Tests (Please contact the certification board for registration information)
- CHES ....Test Dates: April 4, 2015
- CFA........Test Dates: June 6, 2015
- MPRE.....Test Dates: Mar 28, 2015 and Aug 15, 2015
- NBCC.....Test Dates: April 18, 2015
- NCIDQ....Test Dates: TBA
*National/Certification Exams "Not" administered at USM (Please see websites listed below for further details on these Computerized Tests)
- GRE-General Test: http://www.ets.org/gre
- GMAT-Graduate Management Admission Test: http://www.mba.com/the-gmat.aspx
- TOEFL-Test of English as a Foreign Language: http://www.ets.org/toefl/
- PRAXIS-Professional Assessment for Beginning Teachers: http://www.ets.org/praxis
Test Preparation Services for National/Certification Test (Please see websites for further details)
- Princeton Review: www.review.com
- Testmasters: www.testmasters.com
- Exam Prep Services: www.onlinemastersprograms.org/exam-prep