- Bachelor of Arts, English (Minor in Theater, Coaching), University of Southern Maine 1991
- Master of Science, Adult Education, University of Southern Maine 1996
Former NCAA Division III Regional All-American Bonny Brown-Denico begins her 18th season as the head coach of the University of Southern Maine Huskies field hockey team in the fall of 2014.
Brown-Denico concluded her first decade at the helm of the USM field hockey team earning Little East Conference Coach of the Year honors after leading the Huskies to a second place finish in the regular season with a program-best nine conference victories. The Huskies were the tournament runner-up, losing to Keene State in double-overtime, earned the top seed in the ECAC New England tournament, and finished the season with a 15-8 overall record.
Since taking over the USM field hockey team in 1998, Brown-Denico has compiled a record of 167-173 (.491 winning percentage), earning her 100th career win on September 8, 2008, with a 3-2, double-overtime victory against Framingham State. Brown-Denico led the Huskies to their only LEC championship in 2003 when her team reached the NCAA Division III tournament. In her 17 seasons, Brown-Denico has led USM to six postseason appearances. She was named the Little East Conference Field Hockey Coach of the Year in 2007.
Since the 1998 season, Brown-Denico's student-athletes have consistently achieved on the field. She has mentored one NFHCA All-American, 12 NFHCA Regional All-Americans, four NFCA All-Region West honorees and 36 All-Little East Conference selections, including the conference offensive player of the year in 2013, rookie of the year in 2006, the defensive player of the year in 2003, and the player of the year in 2001.
Brown-Denico was a two-sport standout for the Huskies during her playing career, competing in field hockey and softball. As a member of the field hockey team, Brown-Denico earned NFHCA All-America honors in 1990 and was an NFHCA Regional All-American in 1989. She helped the Huskies to the NCAA Division III Final Four in 1987 and is ranked in the top 20 in the school record books for goals, assists and points. In softball, Brown-Denico was a three-time regional All-American and still ranks in the top ten in numerous offensive categories, finishing with a .398 career batting average.
Brown-Denico is a 1991 graduate of USM with a degree in English. She completed her master's degree in adult education at Southern Maine in 1998.
Awards and Recognition
- Coached 12 Different players to Regional All-American Status on 20 occasions
- Coached one player to All-American status
- 2007 Little East Conference Coach of the Year
- Inducted into USM Hall of Fame
- Member of the National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- NFHCA All-American Selection Committee (multiple times)
- New England West Regional Selection Committee for Field Hockey
- Former NFHCA Senior Game Chair
- Former Chair of New England Regional Selection Committee for Softball
- Bonny Eagle High School Hall of Fame Committee