The Career & Employment Hub is here to help. If you do not see your question or concern addressed below, please email email@example.com and our staff will be in touch as soon as possible.
If you are overseeing a student's credit-bearing internship, the following documents are required:
- Educational Affiliation Agreement (EAA). If the internship site has never hosted a USM student before, an EAA must be completed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of the internship. If the internship site appears on this list, we already have an EAA from them and you do not need to ask them to complete it.
- Learning Agreement. The link is just a sample; feel free to create your own. The agreement outlines the learning objectives, outcomes and other academic components of the internship. The agreement helps to maximize the student's learning and is signed by the student, internship site supervisor, and yourself prior to the start of the internship. Each party (you, the site supervisor, and the intern) should retain a copy for their records.
- Site Supervisor Evaluation Form. Again, the link includes a sample; feel free to create your own. This form allows the internship supervisor to evaluate the student's performance during the internship. Each party (you, the site supervisor, and the intern) should retain a copy for their records.
For more information, please visit Faculty Guidelines for Undergraduate Academic Internships.
- Please visit the HR Student Employment Page to learn the process for hiring a student employee.
- Our USM Career Connections page will teach you how to advertise your open work study position to students on our online job board.
We eager to visit your classes and present to students, collaborate with you on events (such as the Engineering Hiring Event), and more. We want to partner with you! Please email email@example.com or your college's respective Career Advisor to connect with us today.