The fourth annual 2021 Timothy B. Hussey Leadership Institute will be an innovative virtual event series from March 15th - March 31st on the topic of Leading in a Disrupted World. Register today!
Bring the magic of authentic, values-driven leadership conversations to your office through eight sessions over the course of three weeks. Though designed for emerging leaders, this thoughtful learning space is open to all - community members, business leaders, students, faculty, and staff.
For many, the world feels like a mess right now. Between the COVID-19 pandemic, the economic recession, political unrest, and the high rate of business failure, there is no doubt that we are living in a disrupted world. The 4th Annual Timothy B. Hussey Leadership Institute is going virtual - and over three weeks in March, we'll explore the ways to lead when disruption is pervasive. Join us to discover ways to be more resilient, mindful, and strategic while pivoting with innovation and boosting creativity. Our top local, national, and international speakers will inspire you to infuse integrity and authenticity to lead our world to a brighter tomorrow.
- Monday, March 15th, 4:00 - 5:00 PM
- Leading in Times of Great Challenge, interview with Dr. Dora Mills, Chief Health Improvement Officer for MaineHealth, conducted by USM President Glenn Cummings
- Wednesday, March 17th, 12:00 - 12:45 PM
- Be a Resilient Leader: Our Next Frontier, presented by Dr. Brittainy Charette, Senior Organizational Development Specialist at WEX & Michelle Braden, Vice President of Global Talent Development at WEX
- Friday, March 19th, 12:00 - 12:45 PM
- Leading for Innovation, discussion between Kelly Brewer '11, Chief Operating Officer at Tilson Technology & Sascha Deri '96, CEO of bluShift Aerospace, moderated by USM School of Business Professor Richard Bilodeau
- Monday, March 22nd, 4:00 - 5:00 PM
- Eat the Change – launching a movement and a brand to promote planet-friendly diets, Seth Goldman, Chief Change Agent of Eat The Change, Co-founder of PLNT Burger, Chair of the Board of Beyond Meat, and Co-Founder of Honest Tea
- Wednesday, March 24th, 12:00 - 12:45 PM
- Inspiring the Next Generation to Lead, presentations by USM students, moderated by Dr. Joyce Gibson of USM's Leadership & Organizational Studies department
- Friday, March 26th, 12:00 - 12:45 PM
- The Cognitive Reset: Become a Better Thinker to be a Better Leader, presented by Dr. Vaishali Mamgain, Director of the Bertha Crosley Ball Center for Compassion at USM, & USM School of Business Professor Richard Bilodeau
- Monday, March 29th, 4:00 - 5:00 PM
- The Power of Co-Design in the Face of Ambiguity, Jen Halls, Systems Designer in the Design for Learning studio at IDEO
- Wednesday, March 31st, 12:00 - 1:00 PM
- The Mindful Leader, Dan Harris, Award-winning Anchor at ABC News & #1 New York Times best-selling author of 10% Happier
Reserve your spot - register today! Session descriptions and speaker bios will be available by March 1st. All sessions will be delivered via Zoom.
Questions? Reach out to our team at email@example.com. We're excited to have you join us for this engaging program!
The Timothy B. Hussey Leadership Institute honors the legacy of one of Maine's most esteemed business and community leaders. Tim Hussey was committed to the principles of servant leadership over his two decades as president and CEO of Hussey Seating Company, a 180-year-old Maine family business. Tim envisioned an institute that would engage, educate and empower the next generation of Maine leaders to change communities for the better by "doing well while doing good."
In 2018, two years after Tim's untimely passing, the inaugural Timothy B. Hussey Leadership Institute was held on the Portland campus of the University of Southern Maine. Emerging leaders of organizations throughout the region, from start-ups and nonprofits to long-established companies, were invited to engage around topics related to the business of doing good. Through extensive conversation on how to build and sustain a successful, values-based business, our goal is to equip participants with actionable tools and strategies to facilitate change within their organizations.
Thank you to our founding sponsors!