Working on-campus during your time at USM is a great way to incorporate real-life professional experiences into your education. Navigating on-campus employment can be confusing, but the Career & Employment Hub is here to help.
Federal Work Study vs. Department Funded Student Jobs
For a student to obtain a federal work study job, the student needs to have federal work study funds included in their financial aid package after completing the FAFSA. If you're not sure if you qualify, you can check in MaineStreet or contact Student Financial Services. Any USM student is eligible to obtain a department funded student job, regardless of whether they received federal work study or not.
How to Find Available Positions
Openings can be found on our digital job board, USM Job & Internship Board. Once signed in, the lower left-hand side of the screen will show an option for viewing only Federal Work Study or Department Funded positions. Click the link above for more information.
For help with Student Employment on Campus
- Check this page for our seasonal walk-in hour schedule!
Other Resources for Students
- Overview for USM Students- How does Student Employment at USM work?
- How to accept a job offer online
- Sample Job Descriptions
- Set up or update your state and federal tax withholding (W-4 form)
- How to complete your Direct Deposit in MaineStreet
- How to enter time worked in MaineStreet for payment
- How to Navigate Employee Self-Service
- How to View and Print Pay Stub
- International Student Worker Guidelines
- Payroll Schedule
Student Employment Questions: Contact the Career Hub email@example.com 207-228-8505
Payroll questions: firstname.lastname@example.org 207-581-9104