Leadership Studies Overview
We promote the best in leadership knowledge and practice to improve the quality and diversity of leadership in organizations and communities -- regionally, nationally and internationally. We see leadership as an activity, not a position.
We believe in:
- Integrating theory and practice
- Continuous development
- Creating sustainable enterprises
- Improving competitive advantage
- Social responsibility
- Systems thinking
- Strategic level change
- The value of diversity in all its forms
- Innovative thinking and practice
The Leadership and Organizational Studies major offers a 4+1 accelerated pathway for students pursuing any USM undergraduate program. For more information on the 4+1 accelerated pathway option, please click here.