Accelerated Graduate Pathway to MBA
For highly motivated undergraduate students who are already looking ahead to graduate school, USM offers an Accelerated Graduate Pathway to the MBA program that allows you to begin graduate study while completing your bachelor's degree, saving you time and money -- which means you'll be ready for a career that much sooner, with your bachelor's and master’s degrees in hand.
Why Consider a School of Business Accelerated MBA Program?
- No matter what your career choice, a solid understanding of business is always relevant.
- You will be part of a strong academic community.
- Maximize your professional skills and advance your career opportunities by networking with top business professionals.
- Develop closer links and more meaningful interaction with faculty through joint research and graduate assistantship opportunities.
- Save time and money by developing a sound plan for your future now.
The MBA program is comprised of 27 credit hours of core courses and 9 credit hours of elective courses. In addition, up to 15 credit hours of foundation courses may be required depending on a student’s previous academic background.
Grades earned in M.B.A.-level foundation courses are included in the student's grade point average. Any foundation courses in which a student earns less than a C grade (2.0) must be repeated.
A minimum grade of C (2.0) from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or successful completion of an equivalent CLEP exam or departmental exam (if available) is needed to meet a foundation course requirement. Coursework from non-accredited institutions will be evaluated on an individual basis. In extenuating circumstances a student may petition the director for permission to enroll in undergraduate equivalent courses to meet M.B.A.-level foundation course requirements. Any undergraduate courses taken will not be included in the computation of the student's graduate grade point average.
EDU 671 Organizational Behavior
MBA 501 Economics Analysis
MBA 502 Accounting Concepts
MBA 504 Probability and Statistics for Business Decision Making
MBA 505 Financial Management
M.B.A. courses numbered below MBA 610 are not applicable toward the thirty-six credits needed for graduation.
Students in the Accelerated Graduate Pathway are required to maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or higher after 90 credit hours of undergraduate course work to remain in good standing and be allowed to continue in the pathway. Enrollment in 600-level MBA courses may only occur in a student's final semester of undergraduate course work.
In order to gain full admission into the Master of Business Administration program, a student must meet the following admission standards:
- Choose any major. (NOTE: Some majors that require 70 credits or more will extend the typical timeline for the Accelerated Graduate Pathway.)
- Maintain at least a 3.0 undergraduate cumulative GPA (student has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better each semester of undergraduate career;
- Score a 500 on the GMAT. Please note: students entering the program directly from high school who scored a combined 1200 on the old SAT or 1270 on the new SAT (March 2016 or after) are waived from the GMAT.
- Complete the following courses with grades of C or better as well as any prerequisites:
BUS 340 Managing Organizational Behavior
ECO 101 Macroeconomics
ECO 102 Microeconomics
ACC 110 Financial Accounting
ACC 211 Managerial Accounting
MAT 210 Business Statistics (or other approved statistics course)
FIN 320 Basic Financial Management
How to Apply:
- On the Common App, select your preferred choice of major. You will then see the following option: “Please indicate your interest in one of the following accelerated pathway options at the University of Southern Maine” from which you can select a Pathway.
- In the University of Maine System application, select your First Choice Major and then you will see the following drop-down menu: Accelerated Graduate Degree Pathway (First Choice Major), from which you can select a Pathway.
If you are a Transfer or Continuing Student, please contact the University of Southern Maine Advising Office to meet with an academic advisor who can review your previous coursework and determine your eligibility for entering an Accelerated Graduate Pathway. Please call (207) 780-4040 or email:email@example.com.